*Recipe by the curiousplate.com
1 lb Asparagus
1 Basil, Fresh
2 cups Cherry tomatoes
Baking & Spices
1 Balsamic glaze, Bottled
1 Kosher salt and pepper
Oils & Vinegars
2 tbsp Olive oil
2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray
- Season the asparagus and tomatoes. Arrange the asparagus on one side of the prepared baking sheet in a row. Then place the tomatoes on the other side. Drizzle them with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast. Place the veggies in the oven and set the time for 10 minutes.
- Add the Mozarella. Halfway through roasting, add the shredded mozzarella on top of the asparagus. Continue cooking until the cheese is melty and golden.
- Garnish. Remove from the oven, and transfer the veggies to a serving plate. Garnish with chopped basil and drizzle them with the balsamic glaze. Serve and enjoy!
TIPS WHEN MAKING CAPRESE ROASTED ASPARAGUS:
- Look for asparagus with a medium thickness. They are perfect for roasting! If you have thin ones, reduce the cooking time so you do not end up with limp and mushy asparagus.
- Dry the veggies thoroughly before roasting them. Damp or wet veggies will create steam and will make the veggies soggy.
- Oven heat is very important to get those perfectly roasted veggies. Turn your oven on and set it to the right temperature before you start prepping your veggies.
- Place the asparagus and tomatoes in a single, even layer on the baking sheet. They should not overlap to make sure they roast really well.
- You know your oven better than anyone! Rotate the pan for even roasting if necessary.